What Floyd Mayweather has said about Manny Pacquiao rematch might surprise you

by Ajit Singh Khanna | Posted on Wednesday, May 9th, 2018 | 0

Floyd Mayweather may have the tendency to come out of retirement for a big payday, but that’s apparently not going to happen ever again inside the boxing ring.

Mayweather, who called a time on his illustrious career after stopping UFC star Conor McGregor to make it 50-0 last year, was quizzed about a rematch with Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao upon his arrival in Manila on Monday.

In what was billed as the fight of the century, Mayweather had pulled off a unanimous decision win over Pacquiao when the two traded punches for welterweight world titles in May 2015.

“I’m an old man now. There’s no more fighting for Floyd Mayweather,” the 41-year-old was quoted as saying.

Ain’t his words surprising, given the fact that he’s been in talks for a UFC debut?

This time as well though, he didn’t mind teasing an Octagon comeback. “I’m not thinking about fighting right now. Not at all. But if I do and happen to come back it would be in the octagon,” he said.

Is McGregor listening?

About the Author


TSM Plug