Floyd Mayweather makes shocking retirement claim ahead of Stevenson-Jack bout

by Ajit Singh Khanna | Posted on Friday, May 18th, 2018 | 0

Floyd Mayweather may be in talks of making his comeback, but the 50-0 boxer made a contradictory statement when quizzed about his possible MMA debut.

“No,” he said a hundred times (excuse the exaggeration) in a chat with FightHype after the press conference ahead of light heavyweight mega-fight between his apprentice Mayweather Promotions-signed Badou Jack and Adonis Stevenson.

Asked if he will ever pursue a quest of making it 51-0, he said: “We never know. Floyd ‘Money’ Mayweather is my name but I don’t know, I’m not coming back.”

The 40-year-old, who last fought and stopped UFC star Conor McGregor in August last year, implied he’s happy lending a helping hand to the up-and-coming pugilists.

“I just want to give fighters advice. We want to help fighters go to that next level. You live, you learn,” he said.

Meanwhile, Mayweather is expected to be ringside to watch Jack trade punches with Stevenson on Saturday night, with the winner walking away with the WBC belt.

About the Author


TSM Plug