Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton plan to return from retirement… they’re calling out these boxers

by Ajit Singh Khanna | Posted on Wednesday, November 15th, 2017 | 0

It’s not very often that a duo of retired ex-world champions plans to return to the ring. But, it could probably be the case in the near future, with both Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton calling out their choices.

Former welterweight champion De La Hoya (39-6-0), who hasn’t fought since 2008, revealed he’s ‘secretly training’ for a possible showdown with UFC star Conor McGregor.

“You know I’m competitive,” De La Hoya was quoted as saying by ESPN. “I still have it in me. I’ve been secretly training. I’m faster than ever and stronger than ever.

“I’ll come back for that fight. Two rounds. Just one more [fight]. I know I can take out Conor McGregor in two rounds,” the 44-year-old told of the Irish fighter, who made his boxing debut in 10-round defeat to American legend Floyd Mayweather earlier this year.

Meanwhile, 39-year-old Hatton (45-3-0), who last boxed in 2012, expressed interest at trading punches with ex-footballer Rio Ferdinand.

“Rio’s a great lad and a boxing fan,” Hatton, a former super lightweight star, said, as quoted by The Sun. “He wouldn’t have taken it up if he wasn’t going to give it a go and do it justice. I’ll make a comeback and fight him.”

Exciting times for boxing ahead!

 

Tags
About the Author



Pin It
TSM Plug