One of the best allrounders in the limited over cricket over the years is Pakistani superstar Shahid Afridi. he has been sensational when in form with both bat and bowl having very good and safe pair of hands as well in the field. he has turned 33 and it seems he has been on the international stage for ages. Made his debut in kenya against South Africa, while burst on to the scene with a stunning 102 against Sri lanka in his 2nd game and it only took him 37 balls to achieve his first hundred and ODI cricket and that is the fast century record which still stands to this date.
He has been below par with the bat in the last couple of years, playing at 7th Number in Pakistani team but he had his best years in terms of a bowler as he notched up impressive 340 wickets in as many games. He is widely considered as one of the best T20 and ODI bowler. here is the look at his career record.
Career Batting Statitistics:
Shahid Afridi Records:
Here are some of the records Shahid Afridi has to his name, mostly came in the limited over cricket, with batting and bowling both on top of his game.
- Fastest Century in ODI Cricket: 102 (37 balls)
- Youngest player to score an ODI century: 16 Years
- 4th and 7th fastest centuries: (45) (58)
- 2nd Fastest Fifty in ODI Cricket: 18 Balls
- Highest career strike rate in ODI Cricket: 114.6
- Most Sixes in ODI Cricket- 313
- Runs in one over against Sri Lanka: 32
- Most Man of the Match Awards by any Pakistani player: 30
- 3rd Highest number of wickets in T20 career: 63
- Most 5-Wickets in ODI Career: 9
- Only player to score a fifty+ and took 5+ wickets three times
- 2nd best ODI bowling figures – (12/7 vs West Indies)
In his 2nd ODI match against Sri Lanka in Nairobi he scored 102 runs and his century was scored in just 37 balls, Which is a World Record in ODI cricket and it still stands
Afridi also scored a century against India in just 45 balls and against on 57 balls which are 4th and 7th fastest Centuries.
Afridi has registered many fast 50′s to his name, twice he reached 50 or plus score on just 18 balls, than he scored on 19 balls while he has also hist fifties on 20, 21 and 22 balls. (no surprise)