Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez reveals retirement plans ahead of Gennady Golovkin rematch

by Ajit Singh Khanna | Posted on Saturday, June 30th, 2018 | 0

Expect Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez to win many more bouts. For, the 27-year-old has decided to go on until he turns 35… or may be even 50.

“It’s very difficult to say until when, I can say until I’m 50, but I have the idea of ​​retiring at 35, so do everything I can during these years and at 35 years old retire and enjoy my life, of what I did and the business I have,” the Mexican middleweight pugilist told ESPN Deportes.

Canelo has enjoyed a flourishing career ever since he made his debut in the paid ranks back in 2005. He currently holds an incredible record of 49-1-2, with his only career defeat coming at the hands of American legend Floyd Mayweather Jr, who retired 50-0.

And if there’s anything that is still unchecked in his bucket list, it’s perhaps a win over middleweight king Gennady Golovkin aka GGG (38-0-1).

Canelo and GGG locked horns in a mega-fight last year, but the bout ended in a controversial draw. The duo is set to renew their rivalry with the rematch scheduled for September 15 in Las Vegas.

Irrespective of the outcome, Canelo is satisfied with all that he has achieved over the years.

“In boxing take everything, make history in my life and in boxing, do what I can do in this sport and go satisfied, I’m satisfied with what I’ve done and achieve as much as possible,” he said.

 

 

 

 

 

 

About the Author



Pin It
TSM Plug